The World of Harry Potter, Download

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Ethaiel, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Ethaiel

Ethaiel New Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the World of Harry Potter!
    This is my first mega creation based off the amazing books of Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I have been working on this for over a year now, and I've still got a lot planned (including turning this into an adventure map), but I have decided to release it for download and continually update it. This is my third update. The entire building plan is based off of references from the Harry Potter books and everything looks as closely to how I imagined it as I could make it. The buildings are not based off the movies.

Download through Curse: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/the-world-of-harry-potter/
    Direct Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gryut0xaur2s5um/The_World_of_Harry_Potter_V4.zip

Help me reach my goal of 2000 downloads!

To install:
    -Download the file
    -Unzip it
    -Place it in your saves file, located in your Minecraft folder
    -Open Minecraft and enjoy!

Map Includes:
    -Hogwarts (Furnished)
    -Quidditch Pitch
    -The Lake
    -The Whomping Willow
    -Hagrid's Cabin
    -The Forbidden Forest
    -Greenhouses
    -Hogsmeade
    -Hogsmeade Station
    -Secret Passages
    -Platform 9 and 3/4
    -Miniature London
    -Diagon Alley
    -The Leaky Cauldron
    -Knockturn Alley
    -Gringotts Vault
    -The Ministry of Magic
    -The Chamber of Secrets

Planned:
    -St. Mungo's Hospital
    -No. 12 Grimmauld Place
    -Little Whinging
    -Azkaban
    -The Burrow
    -Malfoy Manor
    -Godric's Hollow
    -Adventure Maps for books 1-7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've really put a lot of effort into this, so please, please, please, PLEASE, post your appreciation and download. I plan to make mimics of the Harry Potter movie trailers on Minecraft. I also intend to continually update. This map is up to date with 1.6.2 and requires no mods or plugins to play. Feel free to use this map in any videos or projects but be sure to give me obvious credit. Unfortunately, I cannot accept any offers of help.

Questions, comments, or concerns? Post them here!​

2. mpturner

mpturner New Member

I'm unfortunately unable to give it a full test at the moment. Looking from pictures though it looks like you'd done a great job of transforming the iconic places from the books and films into the world of blocks. How many hours would you say you put into the creation overall?

3. Youtuber1320

Youtuber1320 New Member

Wow that looks amazing! Can't wait to check it out! You shout make a how to video I would defiantly be interested in checking that out!

4. Hector

Hector New Member

I read all the Harry Potter books, so this is definitely something I am interested in trying out! I wonder, too, how many hours you spent creating all of this?

5. Nolan

Nolan New Member

I’m such a big Harry Potter Fan. I will have to try this out! What you’ve done is absolutely amazing. I’m not really that great at creating unique things like this.

6. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

Wow! I love how it looks from the screenshot. I've never tried Harry Potter on Minecraft before. I'll definitely be giving a try later tonight! Great work by the way.

7. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

What a magnificent build! That must have taken forever, eh?

8. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

Holy cow this looks amazing! Have have taken ages to build. I'll definitely look forward to downloading and playing it.