Texture packs

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Hector, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Hector

Hector New Member

Do you like realistic texture packs better or themed texture packs? I can't decide which I like better. They both have stuff to like about them.

2. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I like the themes - I think it is cool to be able to bring the stuff I like to watch into the game I like to play. There are so many out there, too.

3. Drellius

Drellius New Member

I don't actually enjoy bringing aspects from an entirely different game into Minecraft, mostly because it starts looking extremely unnatural. I'm playing Minecraft because I enjoy the concept, and find it unique compared to other games, so I don't really approve of implementing themed texture packs into the game I'm playing, but to each his own.

While Realistic Texture Packs on the other hand actually provide a better in-game experience since it all seems a lot prettier and in some cases, a lot more fitting with the game's atmosphere compared to the default texture pack.

And, yes. I do understand that all of this is subjective and I'm not bashing on anyone that has a different mindset than me, I'm aware that we can't always agree on certain things and I apologize but there's nothing I can do.

4. jackhaal

jackhaal New Member

I like both of them, because I play with a variety of texture packs. For realistic ones I use R3DCRAFT and for themed ones I use Dokucraft. Very good choices IMO.

5. Nolan

Nolan New Member

I enjoy both types of texture packs. I notice I play more with the themed texture packs, though. Some of those themed texture packs make the game hilarious or just interesting to look at.

6. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

I like Sphax pretty much exclusively, which is a heavily cartoony high-res texture pack that just makes the world so colorful and vibrant.

7. tonocar

tonocar New Member

I don't like texture packs at all! I'm used to the original minecraft texture pack, why would I want to have a different one, if this one is just fine? Perhaps for adventure maps and custom maps like that, but that is another story.

8. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

I prefer themed most of the time and then realistic some of the time. My favorite texture pack is Sphax which is a themed texture pack and just looks amazing, it really enhances the look of Minecraft while keeping it not that realistic. Sphax just makes the world much more vibrant and less bland also, which makes Minecraft just more fun.

9. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

I really like DokuCraft. It just makes all of my creations look that much better. I love the look of water and wood in it. It just makes my buildings look more alive and shiny.

10. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

I've tried several texture packs, problem is that I'm quite a perfectionist. I usually end up finding something that I don't like about it, and that's the only thing I'm going to notice while playing. So yea I'm not using any texture packs at the moment.

11. edthebig

edthebig New Member

I think it was called r3dcraft maybe? Cant remember its just the default texture with a lot of enhanced detail. I loved it when I played more often.

12. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I'm not sure. It depends on what I'm feeling, I guess. Right now on vanilla Minecraft I'm running John Smith because it's so clean, but on Voltz I'm running Sphax. I really enjoy both! :)

13. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

I kind of jump back and forth when it comes to Texture packs. I don't mind using the realistic ones, but I usually like using the themed ones as well. Just keeps things interesting and fun. I can't stand the vanilla one that comes with Minecraft though, it is like looking at diarrhea on the screen.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I like themed texture packs because I think that a game such as Minecraft has no business with realism. I personally aim for the silliest textures.

15. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

I only like certain themed texture packs, because most of them are not appealing to me. Realistic texture packs make the game look pretty at the expense of your CPU and gpu . That's why I don't use them often, and when I do it is a subtle realism texture pack.

16. DaniMiranda

DaniMiranda New Member

Minecraft to me is just one of those games you don't need to mess with. Its simplicity and originality is what make it what it is. I don't care for the themed texture packs very much. They are too much of a distraction for me.

17. NathanG

NathanG New Member

It's the same way for me, although I do like the 32x remake of the default pack. But realistic texture packs are what really put me off, why would you need those in a game like Minecraft? The game is meant to look pixely and blocky, so it doesn't need to be changed. I guess different people have different preferences though.