Server Possibility

Discussion in 'Servers' started by Time, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Time

Time New Member

So I was doing some research on whether Minecraft Alpha has anyone doing server hosting yet, but it doesn't look that way, most likely because multiplayer isn't supported yet, and it doesn't look like it will be on the Halloween Update. I do know someone who may be able to host one for me, so I was thinking that I would either make it a clan server, or just use it as the server for the site, depending whether Robin is getting one or not.

But, if I do get one, what would people be looking for? What features would you guys want added into this server? I just want to get a list of things that I can prepare for, and get some mods ready to install on the server.

Thanks!
    Time

2. Robin

Robin Member

Sounds good ! I guess that it will be hard to rent a server until MP works as it should, but all servers we can get our hands on is nice, I would hope for many servers in the future!

3. Time

Time New Member

Yeah, well I have a friend who is hosting a private one that I go on, and I may ask to see if he can host another with his VPS. I'll keep my fingers crossed!