Possible Update Easter Egg?

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Apv301, Apr 9, 2011.

?

What do you think?

1. Omg Poleaxes?!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. It's just a picture

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Coincidence... I think NOT!

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I was looking at a few j!nx images a few moments ago, and noticed that one of the photos showed a man holding a sword in one hand, and what appeared to be an axe in the other.

[​IMG][​IMG]

On closer inspection I realized that not only was this handle too long to be an axe, but it's head was also too small. There is however one weapon that would look like this in game...

Poleaxes!

It's not uncommon for games to drop subtle hints about future updates, and it wouldn't surprise me at all for notch to have done so.

I believe I've found a future new weapon here! What say you?

#1 Apv301, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. SniperCharlie

SniperCharlie New Member

We want so much to have more things in this game that is easy to start dreaming.But you're rigth.It is too long.But also the sword is longer.That means that they design those for the advertising.Or we gonna get longer swords and poleaxes.;)

3. Sharpadox

Sharpadox New Member

I personally think that they just made a mistake while making the weapons for the picture,but if you guys are right it would be awesome,but think about it,if there really will be an update with these weapons,how will we create them :D ,right now we are using two sticks and three stone for the axe,if the axe will be longer it will probably be made from three sticks and 3 stone,but that is impossible with the items from minecraft 1.4 so notch will have to add something like and upgrated crafting bench.

4. Robin

Robin Member

Who knows, but I am a dreamer, and I like Apv's vision :)

5. xXaZaRaThXx

xXaZaRaThXx New Member

i think he could be right cause if you look at someone else's sword on smp they are quite longer than you see in your view as your guy

6. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Well, since this was from 2011 and there still aren't poleaxes, I guess that they didn't get into the game. Do you know if it is likely to see other new weapons?

7. Hector

Hector New Member

They are always doing updates. I would be surprised if they didn't add some new weapons sometimes. I don't know if they have added any recently, though.