Old Guy Server! Factions, PVP, 45 Quests, ChestShops, Bounties, Legit!

Discussion in 'Servers' started by EvoOni, Jul 26, 2012.

1. EvoOni

EvoOni New Member

[​IMG]

Apparently being 30 yrs old puts me in the "old guy" category of the MineCraft community. Lets get all the old guys on a server where they won't bug anyone else, lol. This will be our 3rd World generated on our Minecraft Server. Some of our new plugin additions are FACTIONS and mcMMO and so far we're loving them! Our hosting is in a data center and we'll upscale user-cap as needed so no worries about lag or poor server upkeep.

We recently generated a new world and we're looking for responsible skilled minecrafters who are cool with just chilling, mining and building legit. We also host a TeamSpeak server for voice comm. If this sounds like you, jump on and introduce yourself!

Being an old guy isn't a prerequisite to joining this server but it is preferred, mature young players are welcome too.

Server Address:
    greenbay.gbunetwork.com
    White-list currently disabled, anyone can join! Default rank is USER, you will have all basic commands.

[​IMG]
    Voice Communication with TeamSpeak3, (download TeamSpeak3)
    208.100.45.10:10022
    Password: diamond

RULES: This is a ‘no warning’ server, if anyone is caught grieving or cheating.. or heck, even suspected of grieving or cheating they are getting the INSTA-BAN HAMMER. I’m not going to mess around with accusations, drama, finger pointing, etc.. New policy is when in doubt press BAN. There’s no shortage of responsible players who would be more than happy to take your place. PVP is allowed, bullying is not. Random occasional killing of another player to take whatever loot he drops is acceptable but killing the same player over and over is not. If you don’t want to be killed on the server, be friendly, join a peaceful faction. My advice to all users, just act like you would in RL and ‘hopefully’ you won’t get killed [​IMG]

Admins: EvoOni, Giraffe5434
    Mods: McGrupp, DaDoza, mclovinFWMC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 EvoOni, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

[​IMG]

Tin says it all. Amazing looking server.

3. EvoOni

EvoOni New Member

:eek:mgno:Thanks!!

4. Waldorf

Waldorf <font color="#1fc4c4">Official Server Rater</font>

Minecraftgb Server
    Port:greenbay.a2g.gs

ASRS : 27 / 30
    Connection - 5
    Population - 5
    Admin Presence - 5
    Environment - 5
    Accessibility - 4
    NSFW - 3

(IMG UPLOAD FAILURE)

Notes: Great server. Loads to do, the OP was well written. Quests, items available for purchase, factions.. factions, lots of factions. Clearly marked and explained.. Very well thought out server world layout. Heres the deal with this server. Its got a lot of users, who obviously realize what they've gotten themselves into.. and stay. Very like-able group, couple of the younger users (to be expected). Also, it is worth mentioning the NSFW rating is due to no maturity filter for language. However, also note, the server title and advertisement DOES STATE... "Old Guy Server" I would (for the time being) discourage children under the age of 12 from playing on the server, without first announcing themselves and age for appropriateness.

I would be honored to play on this server.

~Waldorf

5. EvoOni

EvoOni New Member

Thanks for the excellent review Waldorf, I posted this on our website home page!

6. EvoOni

EvoOni New Member

I jumped ship to a new server, our host was decent at replying to support tickets but they were making too many mistakes. Last Friday from 2pm - 6pm they decided to move clients around on the server and we were getting 5-8 TPS, no warning, no notice. Server, control panel and FTP have gone down multiple times followed by an 'apology'.. then yesterday the server was down for over 30 minutes around 4pm (when everyone is signing on) and I decided enough is enough. 70,000 files transferred without a hitch, our new host is rockin', plus we got a lower price with almost twice the specs. We moved to Exodus Hosting, loving it so far. I think we used coupon "summer12" for a permanent 10% discount, if that doesn't work, live-chat with a sales reps and ask for a discount code.

New Address (same world & plugins):
    greenbay.gbunetwork.com

Last night I also added Slot Machines to the server near 'House of Spawn' .. love finding ways for my users to burn money ;)

#6 EvoOni, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  7. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

Thats interesting. Ive always heard aim2game was a good host. I wonder if this is isolated, or a trend with them.

good info, thanks for posting that. Perhaps that will help others who are just starting out. How do you like the new server host so far?

8. EvoOni

EvoOni New Member

aim2game had excellent customer service but in the 2 months I was with them I was moved to a new server twice, we had a few random "offline" times, each time they were very quick to resolve the issue (30-60 minutes?), my issue was just with the number of problems we had, not how they handled them. I moved to Exodus Hosting because they have served over 800 Minecraft Server customers, they were very up-front about their system configurations/specs and their pricing is even lower. For about the same price I'm at 3.5 GB (instead of 2 GB with aim2game). I've heard Exodus Hosting is a little slower with the support ticket responses but that's understandable with the number of servers they run. I'll take quality of service over customer service any day.

So far so good with Exodus, I'm resetting the world soon and updating all my plugins for 1.3 (release permitting). I'll post an update on Exodus after a couple weeks, it's not really fair to compare the services in the first 2 days, as I recall aim2game was flawless in the first 2 days as well. Both services use WHMCS for client/billing management. I like the control panel interface of Exodus a little more, they use Multicraft (designed for Minecraft). Aim2game used some generic gameserver hosting panel with less bells and whistles. Multicraft (Swiss Made) is currently running over 10,000 Minecraft Servers worldwide, great program.

9. cameron1239

cameron1239 New Member

Hello. My name is Cameron. I'm looking for a nice mature server to play on. I copied and pasted the IP address into my minecraft client, but was unable to reach the server. Can I get some help?

10. CB

There have been some recent (and highly anticipated) updates for Minecraft. I would first ensure your minecraft version is up to date with the latest revision.

After that, its up to EvoOni to have his server updated.

11. EvoOni

EvoOni New Member

Looks like you made it on the server Cameron, welcome :)

Server is running latest Bukkit v1.3.1 recommended build (#2340), smooth sailin'!

Also, I launched a new website for the server, http://ugbattle.com

12. CB

Had an odd experience last night, while attempting to conduct the maintenance review.

You see, game servers are not like typical game reviews. The Game reviews are for games that are complete... not evolving. Server reviews need to be maintained to ensure the information is still current and accurate.

I was met with courtesy for the first couple minutes. I announced myself as who I was, and with whom. Granted this is a PVP server, I very quickly ran into a situation where current server players were camping the spawn area, killing the avatars of anyone attempting to leave the protected area.

I did manage to make it to the First new structure since the last visit, however while reading the first information sign, was promptly sent back to the respawn... avatar killed again. This time with some sassy talk added.

..ok I get it.

I chose to not play into some childish game, and instead proceeded into another direction. I think I made it about 100 blocks before being sent back yet again... by the same user.

I requested an answer as to the purpose of this action, and was immediately met with severe hostility, and very immature verbiage. I decided to chalk it up to "kids time to play", and announced I would come back another time to complete the review. Let's hope tomorrows experience is different.

Please note: the only reason I am allowing a second review is due to the fact of the previous review standing were in such high praise.