Graphics

Discussion in 'Creative' started by Nolan, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Nolan

Nolan New Member

I’m curious how most of us would feel if Minecraft decided to do more real life graphics? Personally, I wouldn’t like it at all. Part of the reason I like Minecraft is because of the graphics. I think they give the game personality.

2. tonocar

tonocar New Member

I would hate it! Minecraft has always been blocky, and always will be! It is much easier to built this way. Minecraft is already a processor intesive game,rendering cubes, imagine how powerful your computer would have to be to render real life graphics!

3. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

Minecraft would be amazing if it had realistic graphics, I would be far more interested in it if it had a proper game engine, and realistic graphics. It would run far better, Minecraft runs horribly on my computer as of now yet I can max out Planetside 2. The reason why Minecraft is intensive as of now is because it was programmed horribly, without optimization in mind. There are plenty of games with procedural worlds and realistic graphics that run far better, such as Rust.

4. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

I think Minecraft should stick to the current graphics. There are similar games with updated graphics, such as Rust, like mentioned above. Minecraft is simple, and older computers can run it which is a big selling point. I feel like if they upgraded, they might lose a lot of players, and people already on games like RUST wouldn't be interested in switching over.

5. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

I love playing with the current graphics. However I didn't really like them when I first started playing the game, but as time passed it grew on me. Plus with new texture packs coming out here and there, who needs new graphics!

6. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

Part of the appeal to Minecraft to me IS the graphics. If they made the game more realistic, it would ruin it in my eyes

7. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

I would like it a lot of Mojang created some more realistic graphics. I find myself using Resource Packs a lot because I find the default textures a bit too akward and clunky. The graphics did help Minecraft become popular and is a bit of a signature but I'd prefer more life-like texutres.

8. DigDug

DigDug New Member

Textures and graphics are very different things. I like new texture packs, and I'm okay with high resolution packs.

But graphics wise? I'd rather have my cubic world. The only step in between would be for the team to make angles slope in between each other, and it just wouldn't look right, not after we've all come to grow and love Minecraft's squareness.

9. 93simon

93simon New Member

I am for the conservative team but there are people who wouldn't mind a more realistic graphic and they are not just a few. Many of my friend turned off MC namely because of this, "poor graphics" (because graphics it's everyhing nowadays as we know). This explains the large number of high definition, high reality and whatnot texture packs that makes your MC look like freaky GTA IV. I said it and I repeat it, don't like it.

10. DigDug

DigDug New Member

Those friends are why real developers die off.

They're too cheap to buy an ugly game with good gameplay, but too poor to buy a lovely game with bad gameplay. As much as I love Oblivion and Morrowind, Skyrim was the prettiest game with the best gameplay.

11. Hiyabats

Hiyabats New Member

I think it would be okay, but then it wouldn't really be Minecraft though would it?
    I think they shouldn't mess with the graphics at all and look more to perhaps improving content and scenarios for us to play. New additions are always welcome to the game. I would love to see more creative mobs for one and more tools or weapons added.

12. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

They shouldn't upgrade the graphics because people can get aftermarket texture packs and mods to do that. What they should do Is code it better. For example the cpu should process blocks that are like 25 levels below you. Thats why it is so cpu intensive because it processes too many blocks, most of which is not being viewed by the player. I have a fairly good computer and I can run it fairly well. But at the same time it makes my cpu be at 100% utilization. When I upgrade my pc I will do graphical mods because some make minecraft look breath taking.

13. DaniMiranda

DaniMiranda New Member

Minecraft is known for its sub-par graphics. To digitally enhance its platform would take away the very reason why most gamers are drawn to it. There is a certain "feel" of old-school you get when you play this game. I hope they never change it.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I would hate it. I mean, the game isn't realistic at ALL, so this kind of change would make no sense.