Anyone have seen anything bad with the site? like any bugs or something?

Discussion in 'Continual Improvement' started by Robin, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Robin

Robin Member

Hey!

If you have seen any bugs or anything that annoys you, make a post here and I will look into it.

Thanks /Robin

2. krippe

krippe New Member

I haven't found any bugs or something bad. I think the theme is great and that it fits very well to the game. It is beautiful.
    I would like the logo to be centred in the header, if that's possible. I would also like the loginbar to not cover the logo. If you could put it above the logo it would be great.
    Another thing is on the homepage. Maybe it would be better if your minecraftproject-movie would be on the left side (above the categories) instead? As it is now, you have to scroll down to see the latest forumposts.

After how long am I "auto-outlogged"?

Otherwise it is very well done! :)

3. PersonOne

PersonOne New Member

The site seems great as far as I have seen, except the header picture is too big. It extends to the right of the page.
    I'm totally fine with it, just wanted to let you know about it.

4. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I like that the header picture is too big, it looks kinda cool. =o

5. howlgram

howlgram New Member

well, there is a problem, there is this guy Apv301 who is totally annoying... hahaha Joking
    So far so good, the site is awesome, i mean, the community ;) well both :D

6. howlgram

howlgram New Member

yep, it would be better if the header were more isolated, i mean, right below the header starts the page, maybe some space there will make it look better (like a centimeter xD) And also removing the Login/Register or MyProfile/Settings/etc bar from blocking the header, instead it could be a bar at the top, or something else, but get the header to have its own personal space :D hahaha

7. Robin

Robin Member

If you try to have a higher resolution the header will fit the screen better :) But the thing is that half of the visitors have to high resolution and get a to small logo, and the other half have to low resolution and get a huge logo, I must find a solution for this! I will try to look into it today, don't really know where to put the login box, because on my screen it just tutches the logo in the right upper corner, and i think it looks kinda nice :) but if you have low resolution I guess it will cover a huge part of the logo. I have resolution 1650x1050 but I guess not all screens works with that resolution. A procentage solution is a must!

8. 122ninjas

122ninjas New Member

I have found a bug. When I logged in today, the username and password entry box still appeared until I navigated to the forums.

9. Robin

Robin Member

Ye that is an common problem, but it won't do any harm :)

10. Benb

Benb New Member

Hey, Not found any bugs at all, things i would change is the Login bar is over lapping with the header picture i personally i would recommend having it centred over the header picture, apart from that so far i think the overall layout works well and the colour scheme is nice, very easy to use and i hope the website takes off soon.

-Ben

11. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Thanks for the input Ben, and welcome to the site! While I myself like the slight overlay, as it makes the site feel.... slightly unpredictable, much like minecraft itself. However we've received alot of comments/complaints about this, so prehaps it will need changed in the future. I like your idea of centering the login over the banner, as it's a different way to solve the problem, without changing things drastically.

Thanks again for your insight, and I hope to see you around the forums.
    - Apv301 "some noob"

12. Robin

Robin Member

Thanks for feedback ben :) I agree with Apv , I like that it slightly tutch the header logo, it gives a special feeling to the site, kinda goofy but still nice, you know? :) But to place it straight over the logo, centered sounds actually like a really good idea, somehow it need to be with some % placement so it will work for everyone, currently working on making the hole site work with % so it will adjust for everyone, but it's loads of work, so wish me good luck :)

13. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Good luck! :D
    just another idea for the loginbar, i would place it next to the SEARCH mini bar, on the yellow bar where the FORUM HOME BLOG tabs are

14. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I can't say I like that idea Howl, the task bar is cramped as it is =/

15. howlgram

howlgram New Member

well, what about putting it Vertically next to the Minecraftnews logo (left or right) this really sounds good for me

16. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

If you're going to do that, you may as well just raise it that half an inch off the bar and leave it along. I've never seen a verticle login and I can't say I want to lol

17. howlgram

howlgram New Member

haha, obviously the var goes horizontally, but you make a vertical rectangle viw putting the option like settings and stuff, below the other one

18. Viikate

Viikate <font color="5584ee">Researcher</font>

One thing I noticed, when you get a private message the "Notifications" text on upper right corner goes dark blue and blends in the background making it hard to notice it, maybe change it something like red or some color that will catch your eye? :)

19. Robin

Robin Member

You are making a very good point Viikate! I will look into it :)

20. Hamnisu

Hamnisu New Member

Some times when I log in, I have to do it twice or else it will only say "welcome SnickarLasse" but I won't be logged in :S
    Anyone else seen this?