Whats everyones favorite wood?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by XxOakRaider03xX, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 93simon

93simon New Member

I like spruce, it is suitable to recreate that kind of swedish-like atmosphere when you build cozy shelters in a snow biome out of it, maybe even with a nice neherrack fireplace with a brick chimney.

2. DigDug

DigDug New Member

My favorite is log-cabin style. You use your first favorite log for east-to-west, then your second favorite for north-to-south. You end up with a minimum six block tall house, but it at least looks nice. There are a tonne of builds that look cruddy because they can't keep scale properly.

3. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

Oak is bland and old and jungle wood the color is not right for me. I love birch and spruce wood. If you combine them in a nice pattern it looks very good. The lightness of birch and the darkness of spruce contrast just right and I love it. I also like spruce logs, but I don't like birch logs.

4. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

I don't have a favorite, I like them all, what I do not like is randomly mixing woods when building, unless its just a temporary stair way that's going to be destroyed when done with.

5. SaintWacko

SaintWacko New Member

Dark Oak, definitely. The planks make a wonderful dark wood floor, and the logs look great anywhere, as they have very dark outsides, and much lighter insides. Besides that, I don't really have a preference, although birch does look good in some situations, and I try to avoid jungle wood, as it just looks odd.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I don't really have a favorite wood. I don't think I SHOULD have one. They're just blocks of the same consistency, but with different colors.

7. NathanG

NathanG New Member

My favorite type of wood would (< lol) have to be good ole' oak wood. It's just got a special place in my heart ever since alpha, I pretty much build everything with it. ;) It completely dominates all other types of wood. ^_^

8. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

I end up using birch a lot for farming but not for building. The branches on the Oak trees make them harder to cut down so I don't use them that often. I would rather use darker looking wood for building. It makes everything look nicer.

9. Delirium

Delirium New Member

I personally like oak wood the most, closely followed (and often mixed) with dark oak wood. I like that there's almost always an abundance of them, so I can use them for.. pretty much everything that needs wood. Their fences also look the best imo. Acacia is probably my least favorite. It just looks.. super gross. Like nothing about it looks right. It's orange. And it's terrible. You can't really use them for anything. They're just toxic waste.

10. BulletBiter

BulletBiter New Member

Oak is by far my favorite. It stands out less than other types of wood, and fits just perfectly with most blocks.
    That being said, birch isn't too bad either, especially if your home has white walls. It's all a matter of contrast.

11. BomBashous

BomBashous MinecraftNews

I am a builder and I actually think that it matters what the scenario is. For a build that you want to be relaxing and chilled you should definitely use birch. Its light color just looks great in a restaurant or tall structures. If your building a old house or a haunted house spruce is the way to go. The dark texture can be perfect for these builds. If you're just starting out in a survival world don't go looking around for other wood (unless you didn't spawn in a plains biome) just go with oak. Simple and perfect. Jungle wood however is probably the least useful wood (in my opinion) the plank color is to tangy for me. However that doesn't mean you don't have to use it. To each his own.

My personal favorites by their color is: birch, spruce, oak, jungle.

Hope I helped!☺

12. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I find myself more drawn to the Oak wood. I don't really pay much attention to the actual color that much, I would choose birch too if it was nearer, but if they're both equally right beside me then I'd choose Oak. Oak just has that yellowish color to it and I like to make cabins that look like a small rest house in the rural areas near rivers.

13. anvinus

anvinus New Member

Oak wood is the best and my favourite wood, it brings back many memories when i played minecraft for the first time.

14. Thunderstrike100

Thunderstrike100 New Member

I most love jungle

15. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed New Member

I am choosing between Birch (a light wood texture allows for high contrast) and Dark Oak. I don't have a reason for Dark Oak, I just simply like it.

16. Olaf

Olaf New Member

Jungle logs and oak planks are my favorite...the other ones are ok, I guess.

17. Ruse

Ruse New Member

Dark Oak and Acacia.

18. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

I agree.

19. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

Me either.

20. walte12

walte12 New Member

Dark oak is fairly used in resteraunts