What is your favorite food to eat in Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Rockhem, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

My favorite food to eat in Minecraft is usually bread, because all I have to do is plant the bread and I can harvest it a bit later. I don't have to deal with killing the animals and giving the animals food or whatever, all I have to do is plant, and then harvest. It does a good job of filling you up, it gives you enough to eat, unlike some things like cookies and the like.

2. tonocar

tonocar New Member

I prefer steak. It heals a lot of hearts and it lasts for a long time. Once you set up a farm, it's not hard to get a big supply of food. I'm sure it's less work that growing wheat! Imagine having 20-30 cows and a looting III sword with fire aspect on it. You first breed the cows an then kill them. The steaks are ready to eat just like that!

3. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

I too prefer steak for it's healing values. Also, it's my favorite food in real life so perhaps there is some bias there. Now I'm hungry again, thanks everyone..

4. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

Steak simply because you can stack it sky high, it covers a lot of haunches, and it is relatively easy to get.

5. WrestlinFan

WrestlinFan New Member

Steaks. High stack count, simply to find, and recovers a lot of hearts.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

Definitely steak, you can stack it for a lot and it heals you a decent amount. It's not too hard to find steak in the wild nor is it too hard to make a cow farm.

7. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

Potatoes. I have no idea why. It's like the easiest farm product to get, because you need 3 wheat to make a bread but not for the potatoes. It seems like the easiest thing to farm, that and carrots. I don't really like steaks just because I have to kill cows and waste coal to burn it. I'm pretty damn lazy in Minecraft, so potatoes for me. For some silly reason, hunger bar filling value for the food doesn't really affect me. To me, it'd what food is the easiest to get. Again, I'm a bit (a lot) lazy in Minecraft. I can't even be bothered to put a door until like the seventh day.

8. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

^I tend to stay away from potatoes. I guess I just eat in minecraft things I like to eat in real life haha. I stay away from potatoes and go out of my way for steak. However, if we could turn potatoes into french fries on Minecraft, that'd be a whole different story...

9. Servace

Servace New Member

Steak is the best food item to achieve when playing MineCraft. The food saturation is not bad at all and cows are easy to find. It is best to build a farm around an area of cows, so you will be able to breed cows and get steak when needed so you do not have to go around trying to find cows every time.

10. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

Bread, it's just so satisfying to plant and harvest the wheat yourself.

11. edthebig

edthebig New Member

Steak Cooked preferably. It can also be pork but i just like filling a lot of chicken legs in my hunger bar or whatever those are every time I eat.

12. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

It used to be porkchops because I for some reason never killed cows, but it's definitely steak now. I think they regenerate more health and they just look really tasty. :)

13. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

Baked potatoes hands down, they are just so easy to make if you are growing potatoes. Starting out though I am pretty boring about it and start with bread like mostly everyone does.

14. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

I personally don't enjoy killing the mobs for thier food, so I usually farm and make bread. The great thing about bread is that if you're far away from your base and above ground, you can make some pretty fast just by crafting a hoe, breaking some grass for seeds then killing some skeletons for bone meal.

15. DigDug

DigDug New Member

Carrots and potatoes for sure. I build farm towers (that I like to make look like grain silos, so they're not eyesores) that has a ring of dirt around a central pillar of water, and a ladder that goes up the inside for access. You get eight squares of farmland per floor, so eight floors produces 64 wheat or potatoes, and maybe more carrots since I think those drop multiple items per plot.

With potatoes, you can just stick them in a furnace and forget about them. Bread is slightly less efficient. But the carrots make pig husbandry much easier, so two or three of these silos and a nice-sized pig pen and you're rolling in the porkchops.

16. 93simon

93simon New Member

Porkchops/steaks although I wouldn't mind a wider variety of foods in the game. They should really work on this in the next updates. I don't mind carrots since they come in a generous number when harvested and do not need to be cooked.

17. DigDug

DigDug New Member

You're a whole lot newer than I am. I remember when wheat and beds were new additions.

If you want to really make your farms efficient, use a 3x3 design, with the center block removed. Run a block of water down the center of your tower, and all the farmland (from a hoe, of course) will become wet, allowing for some really efficient farm silos. I recommend building some good looking structures around them, so you don't have any eyesores.

18. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

My favorite food is cake, you can eat from it more than once and it gives a reasonable amount of hunger bars. I takes a lot to make a cake but that's what makes it my favorite food, because its rare. My second favorite would be steak. You get a lot of hunger bars from it.

19. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Pork chops. They have a nostalgia factor to them, as that's what my friends and I have been eating since we started playing the game. Other than this, cake because even though it's hard to make, you get a feeling of accomplishment from making and eating it, also because they're fun to make and eat in real life too.

20. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

steak and pork chops for the food points and saturation. but the food i most like to make is cake!