Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Other games' started by CB, Nov 16, 2012.

1. mink13

mink13 <font color="#cc0000">New Luna Republic</font>

I was very impressed when i got it on my new computer, with 4gb of ram and an amd radeon hd 6600 (i think that is the GPU).

2. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

Thats correct. SWTOR is a processor and GPU heavy / intensive game. It *can* run with lower graphic settings, "and run smoothly it does"... but for me, thats unacceptable. lol.

My wife plays some sort of facebook game.. no clue what it is.. Castlefarmer? I dunno. Anyway, each graphic entity has its own adobe flash animation. Multiply that by about 500 items per frame, and you get a massive amount of lag... that yields seeing a bunch of the swirly loading circles (I call em doughnuts). I can not watch her play that game more than a few seconds and I get pissed off. lol.

3. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Oh Cb, I'm so sorry. You live with a facebook gamer. My condolences.

4. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

Right!?! Thank you!

5. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

I am a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise and the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic games. Of course I tried SW: The Old Republic as well, but didn't play it that much. MMORPG games are overwhelming to me, the whole traveling from place to place, repetitive quests, and stuff like that, are annoying me. And the fact that it's almost pay to win, I don't like that. But it's kinda fun I guess.