Public vs Private

Discussion in 'Servers' started by Nolan, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Nolan

Nolan New Member

Do you prefer public servers or private servers? Or do you just prefer to play offline?

I haven’t played on public servers before. A friend of mine runs a private server and I usually play on that. Sometimes I just prefer to play offline, though.

2. tonocar

tonocar New Member

I have played on both private and public servers, but I like private servers better. I've spent a long time playing on a small private server run by a small group of friends and it was lovely. The community was small and close-knit, we spent hours upon hours building community projects. I even build a central minecart station hub for the server!

3. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

I prefer private, as I mainly play the game with friends. It's nice being able to relax without griefers coming in and destroying work that we've put hours or even days into.

4. Fenastus

Fenastus New Member

Private servers, definitely. It's worth the extra effort you have to put in to get into them just so you can feel safe leaving your house to go to sleep.

5. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

Private servers are only really good if you run with a small group of close knit friends. I prefer a small public server community, because you get new people every day or so, so you have plenty of people to trade and do things with. Large public servers are just far too large to have a good community, people never really talk to anyone except their own group of friends.

6. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

Yeah definitely private. However, there are the occasional big community servers that can have a strong community. However, once mods start slacking and griefers come, that's usually where the fun ends.

7. edthebig

edthebig New Member

I definitely prefer public servers, because I like playing on servers that are PvP allowed and allow griefing aswell, so it is no fun griefing your friends. But if it were a creative server or a survival server without griefing I would definitely prefer a private server.

8. NathanG

NathanG New Member

It depends on what game type I want to play. If I want to play survival with a few friends, then definitely a private server. This is mainly so I am not griefed and so that we can just play with each other. However, if I want to play mini games, then I usually play on a public server so that the games will be filled quickly and I don't go against the same people every time.

9. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

The only time I like to play on a private server would be when I am building something with my friends. For all other stuff I play on a public server. Such as rp servers, hunger games, PvP, and similar games I would play on public. But if all of my friends are online then I will play on private servers with them.

10. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

Private with a close friend, I am kinda shy and to much risk of being greifed on a public server , plus if its crowded it would probably be a bit intimidating.

11. ezrealgg

ezrealgg New Member

It depends solely on what i'm looking for, if i were to be playing with a close group friends then private, if it's just to have fun and fool around then Public.

12. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

Private servers are really nice because people there are social and friendly in my experience. I think the only con to it is that there are only very few of you usually. Public servers are more populated but at the same time, you can't trust everyone there and some will even stab you in the back. Other times they wont even talk to you in public servers or if they do, they speak in languages you can't understand.

13. Vector2

Vector2 New Member

On a public server it is always better to play, because it is perfectly optimized and has many plugins.