Must have software?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by jennyy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. jennyy

jennyy New Member

I've been looking on the internet and I couldn't really find a list (other then really outdated lists) so here it goes, what software is a must have for your PC gaming system?
    1) FRAPS
    2) Precision X

Two I had never heard of until I was searching around just now:
    1) CCleaner
    2) Daemon tool

#1 jennyy, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  2. matrixor

matrixor New Member

None of those softwares are ''must have''. Fraps is for game recording, CCleaner is for cleaning and optimizing your PC and Daemon tool is for mounting virtual discs. The closest one to must have is CCleaner. You should get that, I recommend it.

3. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

I quite agree with you@matrxor. The only one you really need is the CCleaner, to optimize your PC for the game. To me the most important thing is to get a PC with a good processing speed and generally good Specs. That's the most important thing to me. This is because some of these things are even defaults and actually don't affect the PC in any significant way.

4. Electropyro

Electropyro New Member

I wouldn't say these are must have software but will help out your PC function much more properly. I suggest getting CCleaner, it can help your PC's speed and productivity greatly.

5. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed New Member

Man, don't even bother with those software you have mentioned. Like TPAM said, Fraps is for screen recording, CC cleaner is a cleaning tool and daemon tools are for mounting virtual disks. To have the best experience in PC gaming, optimize your PC and equip it with an excellent processor (i5 at least), 16 Gigs of Ram and a superb video card.

6. pmk1996

pmk1996 New Member

Graphics card and good processor together with ccleaner are the major must have gaming softwares.

7. walte12

walte12 New Member

At the end of the day if your PC equipment aren't up to par ccleaner will rarely do much

8. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed New Member

What does CCleaner have to do with the gaming experience? Yes, it does remove unnecessary files from your system but other than that it does not create wonders for a game.

9. loon

loon New Member

I agree CCleaner will only help with the operating system speed, but that's it