Metalheads, head over here . /../

Discussion in 'Music' started by howlgram, Nov 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Even thought this may continue empty for a looong time, there is always a chance to find a metalhead, so if u like ANY kind of metal (music genre ofcourse, ha) please post something :D

2. Viikate

Viikate <font color="5584ee">Researcher</font>

I find metal being quite mainstream where I live so it's probably no wonder I listen it. :D My favourite bands include mostly gothic metal such as Type o Negative, Sentenced, Charon etc.
    Oh and I (used to) play in a metal band. o.o

3. howlgram

howlgram New Member

cool, i cant believe it but i have never heard those bands, hahahaha. And i have listened to nearly everything, haha. Well my favorite genres would be:
    Melodic Death Metal
    Folk Metal
    and some folk themed Power Metal bands
    Ofcourse i dont limit myself to those :) oh, and im not much of a thrasher, i dont like tharsh xD
    btw Where do you live? i hate where i live, haha, everything around here is like reaggeton and gayness, just last year bands started to tour my country, and im extremely glad because of the bands that are about to come :D

4. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I'm not sure if I like metal or not, is that fictional band Dethlok metal? I was told they were once, and I like the music thats created for the show...

If metal lovers are metal heads, I must be like copper.... cheap and soft lol

5. FourthShadow

FourthShadow New Member

Old metal is some of the best around. The new stuff is so...iffy and contradictory towards the definition. Screamo mixed with metal, metal mixed with heavy death...I feel like writing a British review for it all

6. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Ah... the bronze age of metal.... X]

7. howlgram

howlgram New Member

@fourthshadow ....uh? what are you talking about? first of all screamo is crap, then metal has a lot of sub genres.

8. FourthShadow

FourthShadow New Member

Screamo's always confused with metal, they do have similarities in sound

9. howlgram

howlgram New Member

oh my god, you insult me FourthShadow :O

10. FourthShadow

FourthShadow New Member

I apologize lol

11. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I dunno howl... I always thought metal "was" that screamo stuff....

12. howlgram

howlgram New Member

haha, in some genres they do scream, more like growl. But Screamo is some kind of genre where they sing gay and play gay riffs and then they suddenly switch to some gay screamed vocals. If you dont understand i can give you an example with other genre
    Type in youtube Skindred, it is one of the crappiest things i have ever heard, i didnt realize that it was possible to do something like that. they do... omg this is hard.... reggae-metal *puke* hahahaha

13. FourthShadow

FourthShadow New Member

Oh....My.....God.....I thought the end of music was gypsie punk rock....I was wrong...I never ever even considered reggae metal that was so..awkward o_O

What would Chiodos be considered?

14. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

*backs out of conversation* o.o.....

@howl Im still waiting on you to find me a good metal band to get into for someone thats not currently into metal lol

15. howlgram

howlgram New Member

@Apv301 hahahaha, ok :p so you like Dethlok? do you like any metal-like band so i know what kind of stuff you might like?

16. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

I liked a few of dethloks songs yeah, but I have no idea if they're even metal lol. I'm a noobie, I've never experienced metal X]

I like heavy bass though..

17. howlgram

howlgram New Member

ok then, tell me which songs, then i might have an idea if you even like metal, haha

18. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Thunderhorse?
    Trogdor?

19. SpectraGeko

SpectraGeko MinecraftNews

I like almost every genre of metal except these horrible fusions of monotonous rap. I am SERIOUSLY into 80's metal which consists mostly of Thrash, Power, and Death Metal. I was and have been a keyboardist since I was 11 and have been playing drums since I was 16. I really like the more technical works of metal. This is why I have a deep appreciation for Huntress and Megadeth's music. For melody I usually listen to indie bands because I can't find that one good Power Metal band. So far, after long years of searching, I think my favorites are Sonata Arctica, Bare Infinity, and an Acapella band called Van Canto. Lastly, I can't take Death Metal vocals seriously. They're just too funny but I do credit the artists of the band with sincerity. So far my favorites in that are Scar Symmetry and the other two bands that really make fun of: Job For A Cowboy and Pig Destroyer.

20. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

Oh nice, a lot of metal fans here :D I used to like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and stuff like that a lot, IM was my favorite band for a long time. Now I am not listening to them that much, but I like them still. I am now listening to some progressive and stoner metal. I like Opeth and Mastodon a lot. Baroness is great too. Tool is kinda repetitive but I like some songs.