I thought Creative was like Godmode

Discussion in 'Creative' started by SteveC, Jun 3, 2014.

1. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I got into Creative and wasn't dying by creepers or hunger or anything, and thought I was home free. Then I fell into the Void. Oops! Not so invincible after all.

2. Nolan

Nolan New Member

I’ve done the same thing a few times. I like creative mode, though. I only play it if I want to build something big and not be bothered.

3. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

I've done that so many times whenever my computer lags out. If I spawn a flat world and I'm destroying blocks, sometimes my computer lags and I end up falling.

4. WrestlinFan

WrestlinFan New Member

PS3 ftw I guess lol.

And yeah, it's basically god mode anyway. It's kinda hard to die compared to survival.

5. tonocar

tonocar New Member

Well, it's not exactly like godmode. As you've said, you can die by falling through bedrock. There is also no "noclip" option if i recall correctly.

6. edthebig

edthebig New Member

But.....it is exactly like god mode. I guess they kill you when you fall into the void because that might ruin the game experience since there is no way you can get out of the void if you can't manage to get out of there simply by flying.

7. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

The last time I fell into the void was when the game was in beta, and it was holes to the void though the bed rock. Creative is pretty much like god mode if you ask me. One thing I would like would be if I could move faster. Lets be honest the world is pretty big. And if you have built several buildings far from each other it takes some time to move even in creative.

8. connor0629

connor0629 New Member

Haha, what a funny story! I find myself face-to-face with the void a lot because I build on flatland worlds. Even though I usually don't die, everytime I fall a bit into it, I have a mini heart attack and flip out.

9. DigDug

DigDug New Member

Honestly, you guys are cheesing out.

The void is what happens when your are below the -1x threshold, and you should only see this on Creative mode, and only then if you're Flying.

Unless you're glitching out from having a retardedly slow connection speed these days, you have no real reason to gripe about the void. If you're one of the .05 percent like me who doesn't have anything resembling high speed, the void means "You're lagging, GTFO the server."

10. 93simon

93simon New Member

Well you can always fly in creative. The only way to die would be to do it purposefully. If your pc is so slow that cannot even generate the terrain without letting you die into the void then I don't know how you are still enjoying playing MC with that kind of performance.

11. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

Well underground doesn't go on forever so they had to make people stop at some point. I guess killing you is how they keep you from going to far in the ground.

12. DaniMiranda

DaniMiranda New Member

I am always in the void because of the flat grounds. I feel like my life is over each time and it is the most unnerving feeling ever. I love creative mode better than survival, though, because it does give you that "godmode" feel, as if you were invincible. That void will give you a reality check real quick.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

If you ask me, I think that falling in the void in creative mode = dying is stupid, because it shouldn't be a concern always present in your head when you play in a superflat world that you'll destroy too many blocks and fall.

14. Nevaeh

Nevaeh New Member

Creative mode is definitely like god-mode. I like going here when I've had enough of being killed by creepers and zombies. It's a nice break when you just want to focus on creating something spectacular. I don't think I have ever died in creative mode, of course I've never fallen into the void either.