Fix list

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Robin, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Robin

Robin Member

*Log out time set to 1800 seconds , this will also be the count for "who's online" after 1800 seconds you do not count as online

*Posts and threads in the forum will only be marked as read when you have read / looked at everything in the section / thread, all pages and all posts. after 3 days with no activity in a thread it will be marked as read.

*Changed the URL icon from Vbulletin original to the Minecraft "M" from our logo

*New logos for the "Importent links" at front page.

*We have our own Mumble server (Vocie and live chatt)

*Made a link on the front page that goes direct to server information

*Added a slide show on the front page to the left over our Skins

*made it cleaner in the "about the site" section in the forum, And I added a "strictly about the site" section , this is so I can announce things just from me to you
    So the first time all posts and threads will be marked as unread because I have changed the option.

*I have edited the Picture links again, they are now higher up and have more priority on the forum , I have also added a direct link to our Youtube channel, I will also add a direct link to Apv301's Tool Time.

*Made a image menu for for news archives, would like some feedback on the looks of this menu.

*Added a staff section in forum.

*Added staff button to front page, so all information about staff will be posted there.

*Added Apv's Russian soviet server to the front page servers, all the best to you (report changes with the server)

*Added proper Rules for the site , you can find them in the same forum section as this one.

*Added a Shout box above forums.

I will edit this post when I have made some new changes.

#1 Robin, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. Robin

Robin Member

Mumble server added, voice and live text chat

3. Robin

Robin Member

Added Slide show on the front page over our skins, please post here if you think it's annoying, take up CPU usage or just look butt ugly

4. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Hello everyone
    Hey Robin, some feedback :D
    The IRC is not working, it looks like the link is broken
    If you were able to make a Creative Mode server it would be aaaaawesome
    The page is really nice, i dont like the interface a lot (the colors, they contrast a LOT, hehe), is it cuztomizable? i think it is but im not sure
    something that would make the page AWESOME for newcomers would be if you are able to add this video to the main page, i really dont know how, watch the vid, it is really good, it is somekind of trailer
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I&feature=related (this one is the one i find better)
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBFreaQnUQ (just another one if you want to check it)

I know this is "Fix List" i was going to post the IRC thing, but then i just thought on everything else, haha, i hope you wont mind
    That's all by now :) i really like this minecraft project you are developing

#4 howlgram, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  5. Robin

Robin Member

the IRC: you need to "list rooms" and then search in the IRC to see the rooms, but if you haven't logged in to the IRC yet it might be different, someone else that haven't been on Minecraft's IRC yet might be so kind and try and see if they get the same problem ?

6. Robin

Robin Member

I have the colors on my list, they can be edited, but I need to make changes in the code of the theme, so it is a lot of work to find the right code to change, but I am working on it!

7. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Are you creating a moderated IRC channel? Or just a plain one?

8. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Good Robin :D!! because the interface of a website is one of the most important things, how it looks makes a big first impression on people :)

9. Robin

Robin Member

Right now I only have linked Minecraft.net's IRC channel, we will look into a own IRC in the future, but right now we have the Mumble server, and that server works as a live text chat same as a live voice chat, so maby that will be enough?

10. Robin

Robin Member

*I have edited the Picture links again, they are now higher up and have more priority on the forum , I have also added a direct link to our Youtube channel, I will also add a direct link to Apv301's Tool Time.

I would be glad if you said what you think about it? I also made some new pics to those links, so it says Minecraftnews when it's our own thing, and Minecraft when it's a public link ffrom Minecraft.

11. howlgram

howlgram New Member

that's good, but i cant still join the mumble :/ thought the youtube works very well
    mumble is linked to this URL: mumble://76.74.238.52:2812/?version=1.2.2
    my internet browser fails to load it, or the link is broken

12. Robin

Robin Member

It is a direct link to the mumble server, you need to hae mumble installed to use the link :)

13. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Woot tool time link =D!

Dankeshuun ^^

Edit: I forced open the mumble server link in MC#, and it made a really trippy level X]

14. howlgram

howlgram New Member

That is exactly what i thought, lol

15. Robin

Robin Member

@Apv a really trippy level ? :p Why did you force start it with MC ? (minecraft) ? If you guys check the info about mumble on the start page you can download the client there

16. howlgram

howlgram New Member

hey, mumble is amazing, lol, first time i get a voice chat to work :D

17. Robin

Robin Member

Ye it's nice , and easy :)

18. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Robin, may i suggest updating the news on the front page, or at least change the date that the raffling was updated. because i have told some people and they dont seem interested because when they see October something was the last time this was updated, they dont feel any interest, so they dont even look at the forums, which is the active part of the community. :/

19. Robin

Robin Member

Well wierd thing, from my piint of view the raffle competition article was made: by Robin Published on 11-01-2010 03:43 PM - so that they see it as made in oct is wierd :s Can some of you guys take a pic of the frontpage and post it here so I can see the site from your point of view ? :)

20. Robin

Robin Member

btw, last article I posted on the front page was from 11 november so it's very active