Do you prefer playing on servers of single-player worlds?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by tonocar, Aug 8, 2014.

1. tonocar

tonocar New Member

Do you like to play with your friends on a big, public server, or do you enjoy being in your own company?

I used to play single player a lot, but have later switched to a small private whitelisted served with a group of friends. It was so much fun! Seeing other people build and helping them is a whole new experience! I suggest you try playing on a server if you haven't already, I'm sure you will like it! Perhaps find a small server to play on, to make sure your base doesn't get griefed too soon?

2. Rockhem

Rockhem MinecraftNews

I prefer playing on servers, but it usually take so long to find a good server, so there are times where I don't play on servers while I am searching for a new server to join. Servers to me are the most fun, even non-whitelisted ones. I prefer playing with other people and having a great time in a server. The types of servers I play on are small, non-whitelisted servers.

3. tonocar

tonocar New Member

Thank you for the reply! Would you mind explaining me why you like non-whitelisted servers better than whitelisted ones?

4. kaitheteen

kaitheteen New Member

I play alone because I like to build and finish my own creations. Servers are a bit of a hassle, but I play on them also when I get bored of building alone.

5. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

I have seen suggestions of the sort...

"..well part of minecraft is having your stuff destroyed."

True, there is the ability to do this. However, its not currently a requirement of the program/ game. A person can play on their own, or on a server. Truly, I prefer to think of the other aspect of the program/ game for the creativity.

IF I play on a server, I prefer to explore, and make random things for others to explore and find.. hopefully take some inspiration from those works. But if they get destroyed.. so be it. I have to come to terms with it.

Whitelisting is a means to say "I know who you are, on my server". But that doesnt stop griefing. So, really its kinda pointless. Better would be to use the games mechanics and other addins to prevent griefing, or at least allow to roll back prior to the incident. That would be ideal. Erm, wait, then that would mean also, there should be enough players online who have admin access to do so. hmm, then the server could get too busy...

So, It depends. If I am on a server thats fairly constrained, then THAT defeats the purpose of the game IMO... pre determined, and withholding creativity.

Free range servers, or servers that are "Classic", or at least a common themed areas... I can do those.

6. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I definitely love playing multiplayer with friends. I've recently started like three different worlds with friends where basically just cause havoc and mess around with each other. It's really fun!

7. edthebig

edthebig New Member

I started playing it on single player as yourself, but as soon as I moved to a big public server I was hooked, seeing tons of other people build, trading, fighting, just chatting is awesome I love it.

8. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 New Member

I tried the huge servers of a bunch of random people I didn't know and didn't really like it. It seems like the bigger servers are ran by kids that just end up being total tools. So now I play on smaller servers that me and my friends can actually get to know the staff of the servers.

9. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

I prefer playing single-player as long as none of my friends are online or willing to play. If they are, however, we'll make some private servers and have stupid fun together.

10. NathanG

NathanG New Member

It depends on what mood I'm in. I often use Minecraft as a way to get away from people, and so I will usually play a single player world in that situation. However, if I want to play with friends or my family, then I need to use a server of course. :)

11. Hiyabats

Hiyabats New Member

I like to play single player most days. I will get on a server when there is a group of friends online who want to play though anytime. I work weird hours so it is sometimes harder for me to play with people I know. I like to be social though sometimes and just wander about an open sever and meet people. Really depends on the mood I am in that day or week.

12. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

I love making my own creations and when I get finished with it I sit back and say "I did that". I don't ever build on public servers, you have to worry about greifers and people altering it. But I do go on creative servers just to see what other people have created.

13. DevilKid

DevilKid New Member

I used to have a laptop which could not run anything except single player on the lowest settings possible (with OptiFine), so I mostly just played single player. I recently bought a new laptop which can run Minecraft with decent settings and that has let me access multiplayer servers too. Some of the servers that I visit have lots of mini-games on them that are very fun and enjoyable with people around. It makes Minecraft a lot more enjoyable for me.

However, there are some times, when I just want to build something and that's when I play on my single player world - since I can do anything I want without disturbing anyone else.

14. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker MinecraftNews

I don't have any minecraft friends yet so I mainly play single player. I will occasionally play multiplayer for survival games and pvp. When I played minecraft on xbox I had my friend to play with now since I switched to pc its hard to make friends.

15. Micheleteresa

Micheleteresa New Member

I play single player worlds, I like to play alone and build stuff, I also watch a lot of you tube tutorials on building things. I am reluctant to try playing in a server because I think it might be a bit overwhelming with so many people I don't know. I wouldn't mind having my own server and just myself and a couple of friends playing and chatting though.