Applications for posts on the forum.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Robin, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Time

Time New Member

Well I have to actually go live on my stream and be on my computer! :p
    I'll get on now.

2. dmitchell94

dmitchell94 <font color="#FFFFFF">Movie Maker</font>

well ive been on for while but what i need to do

3. Robin

Robin Member

I did think your record looked fine? But you don't need to record everything when you livestream, check preferences, where you find like everything you need, but I thought your vid looked nice enough! I am a bit tired tonight, so I will do what i must, and then take myself some sleep (from sweden, night time here) And I will check up on how you are doing in the morning!

4. dmitchell94

dmitchell94 <font color="#FFFFFF">Movie Maker</font>

ok so it did post that the part that was confusing me. i tried to see if it was up and keep getting a offline error. lol ok well then i know it does it auto. thx

5. Time

Time New Member

You must have come one too late dmitchell.

Thanks Robin... I just couldn't figure out how to go fullscreen with minecraft and be able to see the chat at the same time. :p

6. Coeus00

Coeus00 New Member

My Multi App

Im here applying for two positions. THe reasearcher and the server op. I have considerable experience in both. On one hand in reasearcher i i wite for Minecrafter under the name Minecrafty. And i really dont have much else to do so yes think bout it. As for applying for Server op, i have also moderated on WOM servers. I do try to help whenever i can as is. I have far too much time on my hands and have been looking fro a community in which i can take a more active role in. SO get back ot me. I apreciate your consideration.

7. Robin

Robin Member

@everyone , please try to stay on topic in here! This is my application forum not a livestream discussion.

@Coeus00 - I am happy for your application, a couple of questions, can you write an article? Like gather information for a day and then send me a hole article? And if I think it's good enough for front page I will post it and ofcourse your name will be under author. And as for Server OP, this post is a bit more tricky because we have 1 server OP so far, ofc we could always need 1 more, but for this position I want you to show yourself on the forum, and if you read the rules for our SMP server carefully you will follow the instructions and then apply for whitelist and you can start there and make yourself at home on the server :) Sounds good? And we always have need for active people, and at this stage , if you get a position among our workers or staff you will have been here from the beginning and be a big part of the site! So welcome and we hope you stay around! :)

8. Time

Time New Member

@Coeus- Server OP is also a staff position, mind you ;] So you would need to be Staff before you could gain server OP ;] Just be forum active, respectful, and mature... and who knows, you may be a good fit for a staff position! But you've only just joined the site... so give it time. ;]

9. SuprStitious

SuprStitious New Member

my bad, didnt understand where you wanted us to post either. so Application is here: My youtube Channel page is here http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprStitious?feature=mhum i normally will be putting atleast 1 video up on there a day. i Would rather not be a staff movie maker at the moment. as my editing software is only windows movie maker for now. though i have used many other editing tools in video broadcasting classes. i Use fraps and know it fairly well. i normally do a let's play type of thing but want to get the viewers more involved and interactive in what kinds of videos i make. Hope you guys the best of luck with the site regardless.

10. Time

Time New Member

Just in case you didn't read it on the article:

Cool Vids, but the quality of them weren't the best. :[ Is there a way that you could make them smoother?

Little commentating advice: When I was watching your Minecraft Lets Play: Challenge, you said you were going to sum up what you weren't able to get across the previous episode, due to audio problems... but then you went off onto different topics, leaving the viewer kind of hanging on that one subject. ;] Just a lil advice. Good luck with your application.

(I see you aren't particularly looking to be a movie maker, you wouldn't be a staff movie maker btw, just a movie maker... but can you specify which position you are looking for? Just saying you want to apply for a position isn't specific enough)

-Time

11. howlgram

howlgram New Member

@SuprStitious: as i have seen your kind of vids, without much editing and a good commenting, i am almost sure you would do a very good work as a streamer instead of movie maker :) Observations: the video does looks a little laggy

12. Robin

Robin Member

@SuprStitious - You have a good voice, and it is easy to look at your vids, but the lack of more movie editing maby you would do better as a Livestreamer? :) can you try out livestream and see if it fits you because I think you would de a good livestreamer :)

@To all and Time - As for the livestreamer positions, I am not 100% sure what to do with those positions because it's still beta, but I think we will have official members livestreaming, but the staff positions is more reliable, the staff livestreams should be more active and so on , thats why there are different kinds of positions.

13. SuprStitious

SuprStitious New Member

Yea, To clarify I would like to be a movie maker, still thinking about livestreams. and robinn thanks, i understand i would probably do better with livestream but the lack of editing was mostly due to just figuring out windows movie maker. Now that i have the editing a lot better(and higher quality videos, though there may be small framerate problems) we will see.

#53 SuprStitious, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  14. Time

Time New Member

So I saw your trailer submission for the Minecraftnews trailer, and it was nice and all, but the FPS on it is frankly not very good, which really brings down the overall quality of the video. I would suggest livestreamer until you can get your movie quality better. :]

15. Robin

Robin Member

Time, I don't think it's the fps that lowers the quality if he don't have less then 24 fps, because ordinary movies that are brodcasted on tv are in 24 fps. so it could be the bit rate or the resolution, but the trailer looked good with 720hd quality right?

16. howlgram

howlgram New Member

Lol, im in the task of figuring out Sony Vegas Pro 10 and the Minecraft Blender application xD
    windows movie maker is eassy though :p

17. Greg

Greg New Member

SMP server OP Application

Hi, my name is Greg, seeing how an SMP server OP is avaliable, I'd like to take it. I have been an OP in a few SMP servers, but unfortunately these servers are no longer available due to griefing and such. Honestly, I never hosted my own SMP server because its very complicated. I hope your not required to know how to do that for this job. Also I would like this job because, I just LOVE helping people. Even though I love helping people, if I was an OP, and would see a griefer, I would kick him out of the server first, and if he returns, I'd ban him. Thats how I used to do things when I would op on servers. Also I think no normal players should be asking admins to spawn items for them. When I used to OP, some players would ask me for TNT and I wouldn't kick them. I would warn them that they would be kicked if they ask a few times again. I am really looking for something important to do on minecraft. This is probably the only thing I could find. Also there should be at least 3 OPS incase one OP isnt there, theres still the other two. I hope i get picked for OP. :D

-Greg

18. mink13

mink13 <font color="#cc0000">New Luna Republic</font>

op is staff only

19. Robin

Robin Member

Thank you for your application Greg :) We do need some OP's so we just might open the spot up, but first of you need to be familiar with the server, and you also need to be a known face on the forums :) And like Mink said, the OP spot is for staff, so work hard on the forums, join our server and so on and you might get yourself a OP spot :)

20. Greg

Greg New Member

Oh ok. I'll try my best. :D