Application for Moderator

Discussion in 'Information Kiosk' started by WaffleGeek7, Sep 29, 2012.

1. WaffleGeek7

WaffleGeek7 New Member

Hi. I'm WaffleGeek7. I'm going for this place because I feel like I don't want
    to become OVER-Powered. Also I feel like I don't need Admin. That's for Apv. :)
    So, here's why. Lol.

Matureness: 9/10
    Online most of the time: Monday-Sunday ( around 5 )
    What about you: I have been moderator on a site, I dont abuse, I am friendly, leadership and I dont spam.
    Why you want this place: I feel like I could really help with this and that maybe since I have had a lot of time
    being a staff member on sites, I feel like I could really do something for this site.

I hope you decide!
    -Thank you for your time! ( Also, sorry for
    shortness! )

WaffleGeek7

#1 WaffleGeek7, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

What sites have you been a moderator to the in the past? Please link to your profile on each if possible.

3. WaffleGeek7

WaffleGeek7 New Member

Ok. But 2 of them got taken down because of the pay.

4. Apv301

Apv301 Active Member

Your PM said you did post them, I don't see any of them.

5. CB

CB Mature Filter for Forums

Id like to add my two cents to this.

FWIW;

We are currently trimming down a bit actually. We're a bit staff heavy. We have a massive server change, along with site changes, and new partnerships. Now is not the time to also be adding to the staff. Its not fair to the new person to play catch up, AND have to learn and understand what is going on with these significant changes. Ideally we should hire / promote in any user to a position that is ready to go, clear, designated, and with a mentor trainer to help "wingman" new staff members. Its in no ones interest to further frustrate any user, especially a newcomer to staff.

Also WaffleGeek7 specific..

Since you mentioned this, what exactly is the "something" you can do to improve this site? And what are some of the websites you have moderated for?
    I think its also noteworthy to mention, all staff members are expected to login at least daily for certain roles. Moderators need to be users who are here every day. Every day. And are active. Every day. I have seen a lot of users come and go.

To me, this isnt just an internet web position. (Although it really is), to me, all staff positions should be held with reverence as if a paid job. Professionalism is of the utmost importance for PR.

6. janvi

janvi New Member

I think its also noteworthy to mention, all staff members are expected to login at least daily for certain roles. Moderators need to be users who are here every day. Every day. And are active. Every day. I have seen a lot of users come and go.