[Minecraft] 1.8 Black Horizon

Discussion in 'Minecraft Support' started by 93simon, Oct 9, 2014.

1. 93simon

93simon New Member

Hello everybody I was wondering if anybody else have this kind of problem. It's nothing game breaking but it bothers me, it's a black bar all over the MC horizon as shown here
    http://i.imgur.com/SzJbQaK.png

2. DigDug

DigDug New Member

This is theoretically not a glitch. It's most likely you are below the level the game considers 'underground.'

If you can go upwards and it goes away, then that's definitely what it is. Otherwise, you'll want to make sure you're up to date on Java (and make sure you get x64 bit Java, if you've got more than 4 gigs of ram.) If that doesn't fix it either, back up your .Minecraft folder and then delete it, redownload the game, and see if it goes away. If it does, it might be a mod you're running.

:EDIT: After the image finally loaded, you might be able to make it go away by lowering your render/draw distance. 1.8 allows up to 32 chunks, but I find that 16 is perfectly fine and shows plenty distance without showing any rendering issues. I get odd glitches at 32 chunks, and a bit of horizon twitchyness at 24.